Organic Cotton Mysore Yoga Rug – JadeYoga
- Perfect for Outdoor Use: Jade's organic cotton Mysore yoga rugs are perfect for all kinds of yoga classes, including Ashtanga, outdoor classes, and beach yoga. Please use it on top of your Jade mat to prevent slipping when using it on hard surfaces such as hardwood, laminate, and tile floors.
- Organic cotton and all-natural vegetable dyes made from herbs such as indigo, cumin, and turmeric. The herbal dyes are specially made in small batches in order to get the most color and benefits from the herbs. To see the process of dying our yarns, click here.
- Connect to the traditional roots of yoga with the Mysore yoga rug
- Dimensions: 26” wide and 72” long, and lightweight at only 2.5 lbs
- Handwoven by local artisans in India: These rugs are handwoven by rural artisans in India, preserving a tradition and art form and providing a livelihood for weavers. Weaving is a traditional way of life for many people in this area of India and has seen a huge decline in recent years as it can be very difficult to make a living with weaving and many people have left in search of other jobs. These yoga rugs support the traditional weavers and allow them to use their skills to support their families. For many of them, this is the only job they have ever had and making these rugs allows them to keep this tradition alive. To see a video with one of our weavers, please click here.
- Care Instructions: Machine washable. Wash colors separately in cold water and hang to dry as rugs may shrink in the wash.
- Be The Change: Through our partnership with the Akshaya Patra Foundation, with each Mysore yoga rug purchased, Jade will provide a week of hot lunches for a child in need in India.
*Please note that colors on the screen are approximations and do not match the rugs exactly; if you would like to know the exact color of our rugs, please visit one of our retailers or email us to request a free sample swatch.